Yessssss!
26%
Nooooo!
74%

Total votes: 92

Paul_G
Team Board Member

Post by Paul_G »

I'm a bit late but I thought I'd drop in on this one. Because this is a horrible concept. There's a lot of things I don't like about this, but here are a couple of main items:

1. What if the 3rd place team thinks the same way you do and also rejects the promotion? Eventually, half the teams that get promoted are going to be FC Teams or teams that should have been relegated.

2. Teams that beat the crap out of the rest of the league can reject being promoted and beat the crap out of the league the next year, too, and the next. I'm sure the mid to low table teams in that league are just going to love that idea. It'll get to the point where all of the top teams in the lower divisions are going to be run by people who need to feel big by going 29-0-1 every year.

Why are people so terrified of losing a few games? Come on. I got relegated 2 years ago and it doesn't seem to be hurting my team any. In fact, being hammered for a year forced me to look at my tactics settings for my team, and I'm a better manager because of it.

I've said in other threads that the financial incentives (TV rights, prizes, ticket sales, advertising) should differ a lot more between divisions. An F league team should earn considerably more money than a G league team and so on. And this thread is an example of why. The fact that people are deliberately losing games to avoid promotion, and considering rejecting promotions altogether, should tell you that the financial incentives for being promoted aren't high enough.
aaronpritchard
Assistant Coach

promotion

Post by aaronpritchard »

how much do you get for getting promoted from h to g
_AZZA_
Zé da Silva
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Re: promotion

Post by Zé da Silva »

aaronpritchard wrote:how much do you get for getting promoted from h to g
Last time I promoted from H to G I got € 600.000
Red_Army_Squad
Team President

Post by Red_Army_Squad »

If you have a bad team, not much money, bad stadium etc. You just have to train your own players, don't buy many new ones, don't expand your stadium when not neccesary. Then you will have more money, you won't promote very fast, but when you do you will be better.
tuways
Team Board Member

Post by tuways »

I dislike this idea completely.
BOBO, mereu aproape...
lee400
Team President

Post by lee400 »

very bed idea;

>It is a very hard work to add that function on, and it is not very useful either...
>Scamming could start...
>This is non-existant in the real world football. You are making the game unrealistic and not realistic.

Sorry to oppose you idea astaroth, but I really do not see the needs of your imaginative idea.
Username: Sir Lee (former lee400)
Team: AFC Bournemouth (Former Yunderland FC)

NEED ANY HELP, TIPS OR ADVICE?
JOIN www.sptips.co.nr NOW AND ASK FOR 1:1 HELP! RECEIVE A REPLY WITHIN 24 HOURS!
klenne

Post by klenne »

very bad idea

this idea isn't like in real life, if you don't want to promovate, just put on your B-team and lose some games and finish thirth or lower
http://www.freewebs.com/jaspi

team: Sint Matte FC
manager: kl3nn3
division: H707
Zé da Silva

Post by Zé da Silva »

lee400 wrote:>This is non-existant in the real world football. You are making the game unrealistic and not realistic.
Actually, it does happen in lower leagues.
Red_Army_Squad
Team President

Post by Red_Army_Squad »

Let's just say SP is a world class competition, there are no lower divisions:P
Zé da Silva

Post by Zé da Silva »

:wink: I know, and usualy such refusals are due to an increase of expenses, which doesn't apply on SP - travelling expenses and such.

(or am I wrong? Do players demand higher wages in a higher division?)
robborover

Post by robborover »

usually teams only refuse if legally their ground is not good enough to cope.

eg in england conference teams are not allowed into the football league without the safety measures needed....

in spain real madrid have a b team who never promote as they are not allowed to play the a team. but to be honst it seems pointless as there is no need to win the division.

i think if you dont want to promote (eg for a transitition season) then dont win as many games.
kjekspakke
Team President
Location: C:\World \Europe \Norway \Østfold \Fredrikstad \Rolvsøy

Post by kjekspakke »

tuways wrote:I dislike this idea completely.
I agree with you. Very bad idea
gerben
Team Manager

Post by gerben »

this idea sucks
sljivovica

Post by sljivovica »

Thank you Gerben, for your input. You are right, it does suck.

But this topic is almost a year old now dude :wink:

It reminds me of our amateur-league. Every year we played against a team of old guys (most were between 40-50 or even older), and they kicked ass. I think they played on really high level when they were young.
So almost every year they would become #1, but the next year we played against them anyway. They changed teamnumber with another group, who promoted instead of them. It sucked to see them win the league but not go for promotion, it's just not fair. I think the old guys liked winning every game and were afraid of getting too tired on a higher level. I understand them, but it's no fun for the rest.

It would be the same here. Imagine a team that wins the F.159 every season, has a bookshelf full of F-Cups, but stays in the leauge (frustrating the rest). It will never work.
FC Wageningen
S2: started in E.34
S13 - S19..: B.2
S20..: A!! (12th)
S21 - S22: B.2
S23..: A!! (15e)
S24-26: B.2 (12e)
S27 & onwards: C-division and lower.
Currently (S41): E.45
dawron
Team President

Post by dawron »

sljivovica wrote:Thank you Gerben, for your input. You are right, it does suck.

But this topic is almost a year old now dude :wink:

It reminds me of our amateur-league. Every year we played against a team of old guys (most were between 40-50 or even older), and they kicked ass. I think they played on really high level when they were young.
So almost every year they would become #1, but the next year we played against them anyway. They changed teamnumber with another group, who promoted instead of them. It sucked to see them win the league but not go for promotion, it's just not fair. I think the old guys liked winning every game and were afraid of getting too tired on a higher level. I understand them, but it's no fun for the rest.

It would be the same here. Imagine a team that wins the F.159 every season, has a bookshelf full of F-Cups, but stays in the leauge (frustrating the rest). It will never work.
Winning the same division again and again can happen just in H. Becose if some team in higher divisions will sell their license to other, then he have to change the place with this team. That's how it work in real life.

Eg.:
Team A win division E.53 but doesn't want to promote, so they have to find other team who will buy license for division D from them. (Actually it is something as a free or even closed auction.) And if they will sell the rights to a team from H.53, then they will go down to H.53. The only way how to stay in the same division is to find other team from it who wanna promote up to sell them (or even give up for free) the rights (license) for D division.

- And it is not happening just in lover divisions (leagues), it happen in high country leagues too sometimes (but really not very often).

But this is not the real football simulation and this should be never implemented and if yes, then after complete restart of SP only.
Tatran Střešovice
My máme slabý kádr jak hovado!

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”