Youth players

Here you can talk about wanted and upcoming game features

Moderators: Moderator, Programmer

Would you like to get all your youths: good and bad?

yes
76%
no
21%
I don't care
2%

Total votes: 42

Vaciux
Team President

Youth players

Post by Vaciux »

Today another youth player 'was not good enough' for my team, it starting to get on my nerves...
Here's the list of my 7 last youths:

SW
none
none
none
none
RB
none

why can't we get all the youth players, good and bad. It would be more realistic, because now: how can somekind of youth manager know who is good enough and who isn't for your team?
visit http://geocities.com/ddomass - the official site of F.C. Atlantas this site is in English, maybe one day it'll be translated into more languages... if you will click on the ads
Badbuffalo
Member of the Soccer Project Association

Post by Badbuffalo »

I kind of see it like that:

Getting no youthplayer is equal to getting a GK, LB, CB, RB, ... Maybe it's more common, so you might think it's a system like this, where a position is randomly chosen...

GK (7.5% possibility)
LB (7.5%)
CB (7.5%)
SW (7.5%)
RB (7.5%)
LM (7.5%)
CM (7.5%)
RM (7.5%)
LF (7.5%)
CF (7.5%)
RF (7.5%)
None (17.5)

The values I gave can be interpretated differently of course.

Another possibility is that, let's assume the kind of system above is the right one, that youth coordinators have different values. One youth coordinator will for example have more possibility to deliver CF's than another one. This is also just a small thought, because youth coordinators now only influence the possibility that your youth player becomes a bad, good or very good player.
Vaciux
Team President

Post by Vaciux »

and maybe you have some advices for me? I have a hyper modern youth center and youth coordinator is 100%?
visit http://geocities.com/ddomass - the official site of F.C. Atlantas this site is in English, maybe one day it'll be translated into more languages... if you will click on the ads
kennyanu

Post by kennyanu »

Vaciux wrote:and maybe you have some advices for me? I have a hyper modern youth center and youth coordinator is 100%?
i have a advice...change the youth coordinator....when he tels me that a youth its not good enogh..i change him :)
Revenit :)
Vaciux
Team President

Post by Vaciux »

kennyanu wrote:
Vaciux wrote:and maybe you have some advices for me? I have a hyper modern youth center and youth coordinator is 100%?
i have a advice...change the youth coordinator....when he tels me that a youth its not good enogh..i change him :)
well, when I didn't get 4 youths in a row, I sacked one youth coordinator and hired this one, then I got an RB, and now another youth wasn't good enough again, so it seems no matter how I change them I just don't get youths :!: it's really frustrating :cry:
kennyanu

Post by kennyanu »

distroy the youth center and make another one :lol: (joke :P)
Vaciux
Team President

Post by Vaciux »

maybe I will do just that... :)
kennyanu

Post by kennyanu »

kennyanu wrote:distroy the youth center and make another one :lol: (joke :P)
just pop up a idea....to distroy the youth center if we are not pleased of the youths...and built a new one....same time to built it...(like the first time)
Paul_G
Team Board Member

Post by Paul_G »

Youth should be re-done *completely*. The way it is handled right now is awful.

Why not give you a list of players to choose from, and you can sign the player most appropriate for your team? The number of players you have to choose from, and how often you get this option, depends on your youth center.

Or as another option, just release so many 17 year old players a year into the Free Agent pool, and let us decide who we want to sign. Each time a player retires or is otherwise removed from the game, create a free agent youth player who plays the same position. And before anyone starts, no, they wouldn't all get snapped up by the top teams, since the top teams only have 35 roster spots and they aren't going to fill more than a handful of them with developmental players.

Or give us a youth squad that doesn't play real games... just develops numbers, full of youth players who are signed to one or two year contracts. When the contract ends, the player is either added to our roster or removed from the game. The empty slot in our youth squad will then be filled by another youth - the quality of which is affected to a small extent by the level of youth center we have.

Those ideas are just off the top of my head. But the main thing is that we should have total control over what youth players we decide to sign and develop. This is too important to be done randomly. Nearly any change would be an improvement over what we have now.
Blue
Team President

Post by Blue »

Paul_G wrote:Youth should be re-done *completely*. The way it is handled right now is awful.

Why not give you a list of players to choose from, and you can sign the player most appropriate for your team? The number of players you have to choose from, and how often you get this option, depends on your youth center.

Or as another option, just release so many 17 year old players a year into the Free Agent pool, and let us decide who we want to sign. Each time a player retires or is otherwise removed from the game, create a free agent youth player who plays the same position. And before anyone starts, no, they wouldn't all get snapped up by the top teams, since the top teams only have 35 roster spots and they aren't going to fill more than a handful of them with developmental players.

Or give us a youth squad that doesn't play real games... just develops numbers, full of youth players who are signed to one or two year contracts. When the contract ends, the player is either added to our roster or removed from the game. The empty slot in our youth squad will then be filled by another youth - the quality of which is affected to a small extent by the level of youth center we have.

Those ideas are just off the top of my head. But the main thing is that we should have total control over what youth players we decide to sign and develop. This is too important to be done randomly. Nearly any change would be an improvement over what we have now.
I'm for the first idea; a list of players.

As it is, the system is awful. Of the last 5 players promoted from my youth, 3 were SW's and 1 wasn't good enough. Why would a club promote 3 SW's from its youth squad? It wouldn't!
The Minster Men
Season 9: 5th in F.95
Season 10: 3rd in F.95
Season 11: 1st in F.95
modes98's revenge
Team President

Post by modes98's revenge »

I agree that there should be an even spread of players. Given that normally there are 2 CB, 2 CM & 2 CF's you should be more likely to receive these than other positions.
robborover

Post by robborover »

ive had 4 keepers from 9 youths. it does my head in.

i suggest that if a players isn't good enough you have to wait (eg: another 10 days). or just make it so you get a youth but there's a possibility of him becoming weaker (as opposed to not getting a youth at all).

either that or change it so the longer you train a youth the better he is.

another idea is to pick a position that you would prefer and then you have to wait a random period to get him.

or have 5 youths appear at the start of every season? then you can decide to keep them, sell, or sack.
Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

The way it's now is good imo.
Manager: Gladiator
Team: FC Vixa (D.12)

Regulamin (forum) (transfery)
mikky4
Team Manager

Post by mikky4 »

Paul_G wrote:Youth should be re-done *completely*. The way it is handled right now is awful.

I agree with the list of players that seems to be realistic since teams today always have an option to choose a player to play for their first team, they always have several players to choose from and decide to play them in the team if they are needed. I think this will end any doubts about the youth centres and youth players
Paul_G
Team Board Member

Post by Paul_G »

robborover wrote:ive had 4 keepers from 9 youths. it does my head in.

i suggest that if a players isn't good enough you have to wait (eg: another 10 days). or just make it so you get a youth but there's a possibility of him becoming weaker (as opposed to not getting a youth at all).

either that or change it so the longer you train a youth the better he is.

another idea is to pick a position that you would prefer and then you have to wait a random period to get him.

or have 5 youths appear at the start of every season? then you can decide to keep them, sell, or sack.
I like all of those ideas. The last one, maybe this would be dependant on your youth center. So a really bad youth center might give you one player a year, and so on. What I especially like is that these ideas sound easy to implement.

This is off topic a bit, but speaking of youth centers, I also think youth centers should have a maintenance cost... an optional amount of money that you put into youth development every year. The more you put in, the more or better quality youths you get, although there would still be an element of luck in there. I say all this because everyone has a maxed-out youth center by their 3rd season, and there really isn't anywhere to go from there. It would also give the top teams something to spend their money on.

There's good thoughts on this thread... hopefully they will get somewhere. I really think a few changes to how youths are handled would revolutionize this game. It would give us a lot more control of our team and add much more strategy to player development - right now developing players is mostly a matter of luck.

Return to “Requested / Upcoming features”